EDI documents and transactions
Here are some common EDI transactions that are supported within the X12 and EDIFACT EDI world. View our comprehensive list below to see EDI codes, names and definitions.
- EDI TransactionsEDI CodesEDIFACT ID
- Return Merchandise Authorization180 Learn more
- Motor Carrier Load Tender204 Learn more
- Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice210 Learn more
- Motor Carrier Bill of Lading211IFTMCSLearn more
- Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message214 Learn more
- Motor Carrier Pick-Up Manifest215 Learn more
- Reservations Booking (Ocean)300 Learn more
- Booking Confirmation (Ocean)301IFTMBCLearn more
- Status Details (Ocean)315 Learn more
- Request for Routing Instructions753 Learn more
- Routing Instructions754 Learn more
- Invoice810INVOICLearn more
- Organizational Relationships816 Learn more
- Payment Order/Remittance Advice820REMADVLearn more
- Application Advice824APERAKLearn more
- Inventory Inquiry/Advice846INVRPTLearn more
- Purchase Order850ORDERSLearn more
- Purchase Order Acknowledgment855ORDRSPLearn more
- Advance Ship Notice/Manifest856DESADVLearn more
- Purchase Order Change865ORDRSPLearn more
- Warehouse Shipping Order940 Learn more
- Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice944 Learn more
- Warehouse Shipping Advice945 Learn more
- Warehouse Inventory Adjustment Advice947 Learn more
- Response to a Load Tender990 Learn more
- Functional Acknowledgement997CONTROL
You don’t need to implement these EDI transactions yourself.
Do you really want to handle the technical lift and ongoing EDI maintenance on your own? Trading partners change EDI document requirements regularly w adding more fulfillment models or improving customer experiences. If this isn’t the type of IT projects you want your business to put effort into, you should consider full-service EDI.
We would love to help you navigate the complexities of EDI. We’ll learn about your business and help you compare quotes. Even if you don’t choose us, we’re here to help.